Tomorrow’s the big day. Over 100 workers will be rallying at the Department of Justice HQ in DC at noon, with hundreds of allies expected to come out in support of them, and a powerful list of speakers including:
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich (schedule allowing)
- Barbara Ehrenreich, author of Nickeled and Dimed
- Jon Hiatt, AFL-CIO General Counsel
- John Flynn, president, International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
- John Cavanagh, director, Institute for Policy Studies
- Rev. Sandra Harrelson, Plymouth Congregational United Church of Christ
- Members of the Indian Workers Congress and Staff of New Orleans Workers Center for Racial Justice
What’s more, national allies from Jobs With Justice and other organizations will be holding solidarity actions in 10 US cities: Boston, MA; Portland, OR; Knoxville, TN; Richmond, VA; Chicago, IL; Salt Lake City, UT; New York, NY; Los Angeles, CA; and San Francisco, CA.
If you live in one of these cities and want to come out and support the Indian workers’ fight for justice for all workers, call your local Jobs With Justice office to get details!